INBA Privacy Summit 2018
October 25, 2018
Taj West End, Bangalore
Privacy Challenges in A Changing Digital Paradigm
The Indian National Bar Association ("INBA") has been in the quest to create an impact in every sphere of the legal fraternity since its inception. Among several other organizations in the country, we pride ourselves for creating a platform for the legal practitioners of law to interact with the luminaries and experts of the industry. In order to provide a platform to facilitate discussions and sharing of ideas regarding the core issues of privacy, the INBA, conceived the idea of the "Annual India Privacy Summit' and has successfully concluded two such events. The 4th Annual India Privacy Summit is being organized on October 25, 2018 at Taj West End, Bangalore.
We live in a virtual era and it is more pertinent than ever to ensure protection of privacy through legal systems and awareness. Keeping in mind the dynamics of the legal sector, we believe it is the responsibility of professionals, scholars and students to engage in regular discourses and undertake innovative processes to further evolve our legal systems.
Cultural understanding of privacy Migration to the Cloud – Legal issues to be dealt with Role of Data Protection Officers Surveillance/ National Security vis-à-vis Individual Privacy e-Privacy Regulation in EU Data & Anti-trust/competition law Health-tech & fin-tech – privacy issues Primer on Indian laws regarding privacy and data protection GDPR: The New World Order Electronic transactions – Fraud, vulnerabilities, security controls and mitigation measures- Singapore, Russia, Japan, Israel and China: Emerging New Privacy Regimes Child rights & Student Privacy Future of AI and liability issues Drones and legal implications Jurisprudential trends in privacy (e.g.: pending cases re AADHAR and WhatsApp) Data Analytics - Legality and ethics (e.g.: targeted behavioral advertising) Right to be forgotten* These are suggested broad topics. The conference committee may, from time to time, review and alter the above topics/agenda. Visitors are requested to also browse the agenda section to know more about the conference agenda and speakers.
The Indian National Bar Association (INBA) is incorporated as a non-profit, non-political, non-Governmental Association endeavoring to –
- Act as premier body representing the interest of Indian Legal Community & to strive to provide several economic & social benefits that should accrue to them;
- Reform the Indian Legal Systems leading to effective & quick justice for everyone;
- Reform the Indian Governmental bureaucratic rules & regulations (red-tape) and the Legal Systems, leading to nation's economic and business growth;
TFCI Events is a conglomeration of some of the best minds in the Business & Technology Events domains. With a combined industry expertise spanning four decades in the domestic as well as International territories, this edifice delivers world class business and technology events and other structured forums across key verticals such as Information Technology, BFSI, Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Power, Utilities, Services, and Business Management.
Taj West End
- 25, Race Course Rd, High Grounds, Sampangi Rama Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001
Participants registered in 2017
- 3M India
- Aarna Law
- Accenture Solutions Pvt Ltd
- ADP India Pvt Ltd
- Amazon Web Services
- AZB & Partners
- Carnegie India
- Clasis Law
- Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd
- Deutsche Bank
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- DXC Technology
- Eshwari Biztech India Pvt Ltd
- European Privacy Association (EPA)
- Expat Partners
- Fidelity Business Services India P Ltd
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Government of India
- Government of Karnataka
- HRM Associates
- Indian National Bar Association (INBA)
- Information Systems Security Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- J. Sagar Associates (JSA)
- Keystone Partners
- Khaitan & Co.
- Kochhar & Co.
- Law Assist
- Law office of Karthikeyan
- Microsoft India
- Mindtree Limited
- National Cyber Safety & Security Standards
- Nishith Desai Associates
- NS Nappinai & Co
- Quintiles Research India Pvt Ltd
- R.K. Dewan & Co.
- Rage Frameworks Inc.
- Sophos Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- Talwar Thakore & Associates
- Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd.
- Tata Communications Ltd
- Tata Industries Ltd
- The Centre for Internet & Society
- Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Times Internet Ltd
- TRA Law
- Vaptus Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Yodlee Infotech Pvt Ltd
- Zoho Corp